Child or other dependent sponsorship


Child or other dependent sponsorship

You can sponsor a child or any dependent on Canada. A few compulsions to sponsor one or more dependent child to Canada are:

  1. You must guarantee that you are economically viable to meet the financial requirements of the person you are sponsoring.
  2. You must be guaranteed the person you are sponsoring will not need any social support from the Canadian government.

Eligibility to sponsor a child or other dependents:

  • You must be 18 years or older
  • You must be a permanent resident of Canada of an Indian living in Canada under the Indian Act of 1876.
  • You must not receive any social aid for any reason other than disability.

Note: You can sponsor anyone if you are a resident living outside the country.

Who can you sponsor?

A dependent child must be under the age of 22. The immigration law of Canada allows a dependent child to be sponsored if:

  • He/she is under the age of 22 or,
  • The child under 22 is financially reliant on the parent or is unable to provide for themselves due to medical conditions if over the age of 22.
  • The immigration laws also allow a child over the age of 22 to be sponsored if he or she has been dependent before the age of 22.


Fill the sponsorship form along with the permanent citizenship form. Send both the forms for approval. If the sponsorship packet is approved, then wait for the arrival of the person you sponsored.

For more information please visit Child or other dependent sponsorship.